- Templar Action
Evolution of the bolt action receiver!
- GA Precision Templar® Short and Long actions.
- Specifications as compared to Rem 700:
- Receiver body is hardened 416 Stainless Steel
- Tang is thicker and then radiused so it still fits a Model 700 style stock nicely.
- Caming / Unlocking has 35% more engagement.
- Precision Ground Recoil Lug is double pinned.
- Steel 20 MOA Base , attached with 4 8-40 Tapered Head grade 8 T-15screws
- Bolt stop has been changed to the GAP Style side release
- Raceway is Wire EDM instead of broached.
- Manufacturer of our action is Glen Harrison, Defiance Machine LLC. , Glen was the founder and former president/owner of Nesika Bay Precision before selling it to Dakota Arms. Glen is a pleasure to deal with and we are very pleased with the actions he is making for us.
- The primary extraction is increased by 35% this means that upon opening the bolt the case is pulled out of the chamber 35% more just upon opening, this makes for very smooth bolt cycle. This change is both in the receiver and the bolt.
- The bolt body and handle are 100% one piece -- machined from a solid piece of 4320 CM and heat treated. The knob itself is the only part that is threaded on via 5/16 x 24 threads. The handle is swept back a tad, Not straight for ease of operation. Extractors are M-16 type and stronger than other designs.
- Bolt is .750 diameter for 338 Lapua and Rigby based cartridges.
- Available in Left Hand, Single Shot, Left Port Etc.